Tuesday 28 February 2012

12 years on and still looking good....

Kite Hall
I have just had the great pleasure of re-visiting a home I decorated in 2000. 
Cheryl and I worked together to source a beautiful array of colours and fabrics for the home she was building with her husband Clive.  As an artist, Cheryl had a great eye for colour and she could easily envision the end results. 






We had great fun working through schemes for 3 levels of hall and landing, 4 receptions rooms, 6 bedrooms and numerous bathrooms.  Cheryl and I even went to the Designers Guild sale together, and armed with her measurements and a calculator, I could work out how much fabric she needed on the spot!






I had some very challenging window shapes to contend with, but I dealt with them through a variety of methods including swags and tails, roman blinds and dress curtains.  I also supplied much of the lighting, the 4 poster bed hangings, the master bedroom window seat and the bathroom furnishings.

Seeing the house today was a testimony to the classic styling, quality fabrics and superior workmanship we adhered to.  There was very little fading and the curtains and blinds were all working beautifully.

Drawing Room
I particularly loved one of Cheryl's paintings which she had in her drawing room - oil on canvass with gold leaf. Stunning.

If you would like to commission Cheryl's work, please contact me on Twitter and I would be delighted to pass on your details.

My favorite room is the central family room. Bright fresh and inviting, I could sit in it all day!

Designers Guild curtains and chairs
Swags draped over wooden holders and
 dress curtains to each side

The family room is accessed from the hall, the kitchen and the garden. With windows to the front, it is flooded with light

No comments: